Territory: West European Region
Division: Corporate Offices - Corporate Human Resources
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be part of a smart and driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. As the Senior Manager Talent Acquisition West Region you will directly influence the business ability to fulfill our company mission. Maybe you and your team will find the candidate that eventually with his team finds the cure for cancer?
The Senior Talent Acquistion Manager West Region will lead his/her team in delivering a value adding recruitment and TA service for the West Region businesses (Benelux, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal) and enable top line growth through delivery of the right talent at the right time. He/she will provide professional level support and service in the selection and hiring of highly qualified talent across the West Region and further across the EMEA Region and different groups as business requirements may dictate.
- Lead the TA activity for the West Region.
- Drive the localization of our Employer Brand in the West Region.
- Develop and maintain recruitment postings and regulatory reporting as assigned.
- Deliver a value add talent acquisition experience for all our candidates and customers including market information, talent pipeline, organizational design and thought leadership.
- Develop and implement detailed recruitment strategies and planning for all openings and more broadly to support workforce planning.
- Work with our global university relations team to ensure that we focus on the right sources of emerging talent in this region.
- Partner with business and HR Team in developing affirmative action goals and consult with Hiring Manager regarding those goals during the selection process i.e. Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment.
- Participate in the recruitment planning process for Thermo Fisher Scientific globally.
- Contribute to the development of the recruitment toolkit.
- Ensure Thermo Fisher Scientific representation at job fairs, industry groups, university recruitment etc.
- Participate in the talent planning process for the West Region. Providing input regarding positions that are difficult to hire or retain and assist in implementing resolution strategies.
- Plan event schedule for your region and data to support decision making on Employer Brand spend.
- Ensure the adoption of Kenexa and Workday and the simplification of process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
- Extensive demonstrable experience in recruitment and direct sourcing talent in different regions and languages, ideally gained in the Life Sciences Industry.
- Demonstrated results leading a highly skilled Talent Acquisition Team with a proven trackrecord.
- Functional knowledge of corporate operations, product line and recruitment markets.
- Demonstrated experience in localizing an Employer Brand and activating across all channels in these markets delivering improved metrics.
- Ability to work in a highly complex environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and able to communicate effectively with varying levels of internal and external customers.
- Good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Working knowledge of common HR concepts, practices and procedures is strongly preferred.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Fluent in Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese or Italian.
- User level working knowledge of HR Information Systems.
- Experience with IBM Kenexa ATS & Smashfly CRM.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.