When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for a talented recruiter that can add value beyond transactional tasks by pursuing creative and inventive opportunities to refine and improve process, interview skills, identifying strategies, potential trends/issues, and have critical conversations on sourcing strategies, market trends, and compensation issues. The ability to successfully create a sense of urgency and influence others without authority as an internal consultant to educate partners on process, procedure and best practices is required.
- Partner with geographically dispersed Hiring Managers and HR to develop recruiting strategies and execution plans that will meet the demands of a growing business.
- This is a high volume, full-life cycle recruiting opportunity with a dynamic organization.
- This position will entail all aspects of recruiting including discussions with managers on hiring needs and priorities, including; 1) improving quality of job descriptions; 2) sourcing from a variety of channels including cold calling, internet searches and networking to develop a pipeline of qualified diverse candidates; 3) interviewing; and 4) closing candidates. Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with business leaders by delivering on commitments and demonstrating high level of customer service on all hiring initiatives is required.
- Eight or more years of superior full life cycle corporate recruiting and/or search firm/RPO experience (preferred experience within biotechnology/healthcare industry); including: 1) consistent track record of delivering high-level talent acquisition solutions and strategies; 2) candidate assessment; 3) marketplace intelligence and geographic awareness; 4) consultative relationship builds with hiring managers and candidates; and 5) timely fills with quality candidates.
- Demonstrated success with direct sourcing methodology and internet sourcing, including: 1) internet sourcing and conducting boolean searches; 2) mining databases; 3) cold-calling, networking, and other creative methods for both functional and technical positions.
- Proven experience and knowledge creating sourcing maps and strategies for comprehensive and focused approach to finding niche talent in engineering, operations, sales, quality, or other directly related manufacturing function.
- Previous experience working in a heavily matrix organizations
- Experience recruiting for various role levels from administrative to Director.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with speedy response time and follow up.
- Demonstrated experience in managing time and workload to successfully work onsite as needed or remote as well as recruiting for remote locations.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and recruiting Applicant Tracking Systems (Kenexa preferred).
- Working knowledge of employment laws and other applicable regulations.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to locations as needed, approximately 10% of time.
- Proficiency with competency-based interviewing techniques.
- Strong negotiation and candidate closing skills.
- Knowledge of OFCCP regulations.
- Creative mindset for suggesting ideas that improve team's ability to meet hiring objectives.
- Ability to understand and talk about functional areas including engineering, life science, medical device, and overall business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.