Under minimal supervision the Maintenance Electro/Mechanical Technician will install, repair and maintain plastic molding machinery, assembly equipment, robots, packaging equipment and plant infrastructure. This technician is at a highly experienced/technical level and performs a wide range of assignments both mechanical and electrical. Considerable knowledge of plastic molding equipment and its operation is required. Must have excellent troubleshooting skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and controls systems.
· Observes all company safety rules and regulations when performing work. Required to be knowledgeable of OSHA standards and other occupational hazards.
· Works from equipment specifications, drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
· Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
· Disassembles mechanical devices such as resin screws, barrels, cylinders, valves, pumps, gearboxes to remove defective parts and make lasting repairs. Uses hoists, cranes, hand tools, power tools and occasionally fabricated fixtures. Reassembles mechanical devices and installs new parts.
· Sets up and operates drill press, grinders, welders, mills, lathes and other metal working tools to fabricate and repair parts. Must have personal hand tools and toolbox.
· Follow all lock out / tag out procedures
· Identify and problem solving equipment malfunctions and root cause defects and quickly implementing corrective actions.
· Contact vendors to place orders for spare / replacement parts, supplies, tools and completing all necessary documentation.
· Operation of all types of material handling vehicles including fork trucks and scissor lifts.
· Must be available for “call-ins” and overtime.
· Associate Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical Technology or equivalent formal training and work experience.
· Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must have extensive Hydraulic (Servo Hydraulic) and Pneumatic systems troubleshooting and repair experience
· Must be able to do mechanical troubleshooting, electrical, and electronic repairs
· Knowledge of plastic molding equipment is desired
· Must have excellent communication skills, work in a team environment and the ability to train and provide guidance to others
· Ability to lift/move heavy objects, bend, reach, kneel, climb ladders and stand for extended periods.
· Licensed to operate all types of material handling vehicles including fork trucks and scissor lifts.
· Must have extensive electrical control system and PLC experience, preferable with Allen Bradley.
· Must be customer and quality focused.