Job ID :
Canada - Alberta
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of ICP-MS and ICP-OE.
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks using a customer’s management software
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Electronics, Sciences or related field
- 3 years hands-on experience as a Service Representative is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation or 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience with ICP-MS and ICP-OE systems
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 60% within the territory or other areas as required
Flexibility on location within Western Canada
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Customer service excellence in a fix the customer then fix the instrument environment.
- Proven troubleshooting ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical, and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory setting