When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In this role, you will be part of a cohesive team working together to provide technical support for customers using Thermo Fisher Scientific - Molecular Probes labeling and detection products.
- Provide customer support on technical issues by using all available resources (telephone, email, or chat).
- Escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Participate in training, both new-product training and continuing education, to remain at the leading edge of scientific knowledge.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s, and troubleshooting guides.
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company managed databases; present technical updates and contribute to department meetings.
- May present technical and product information at trade shows and customer visits.
- Participate in specialty team or individual projects.
- Requires a B.S., B.A. or M.S. in cellular biology or similar field.
- 3+ years of laboratory experience in cellular biology techniques required.
- Experience in fluorescence and microscopy.
- Proven technical writing capabilities.
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications.
- Prior experience in customer service.
- Experience in an applied science area (i.e. food and animal health, clinical research, diagnostics, etc)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.