“What I do at Thermo Fisher Scientific extends outward—to my coworkers, to the scientific community and to people around the world who benefit from our innovative thinking and advanced technology.”
-Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee
Job Title: Sr. Marketing Communications Specialist
Requisition ID: Tewksbury, MA
How will you make an impact?
What will you spend your time doing?
• Closely collaborating with global marketing managers to understand business needs and then recommending the most effective, innovative communications strategies, plans, media channels, and tools to help achieve business objectives
• Leading the development of positioning and differentiated messaging for new and existing products
• Working side-by-side with our internal creative services group, outside agencies, and other vendors to execute all communications, including: customer presentations, selling tools, advertising, case studies, e-marketing initiatives, product brochures, web site content, white papers, videos, webinars, trade show promotions, webcasts, mobile communications, PR campaigns, and educational programs
• Developing timelines and managing projects through the system from creative direction and development to legal and regulatory approval to production—and ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of project progress
• Cascading messaging and communications to country communications, business, and sales managers
• Collaborating with other global communication functions, including Brand and Channel Management, Employee Communications, Public Relations, Events and Exhibitions, and Web Operations to ensure that resources are optimized, best practices are leveraged, and messaging is consistent
• Analyzing quality and effectiveness of marketing communication initiatives—and presenting metrics-based recommendations for plan improvement
• Seeking opportunities to support the Thermo Fisher Scientific brand and enhance the company's image
Knowledge and Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience with a proven track record of accomplishments in marketing/marketing communications/advertising/business management
• Demonstrated mastery of multiple business communications disciplines, including integrated campaign development, sales force communications, advertising, tradeshow messaging, direct mail, internet marketing, interactive, video, and mobile devices marketing
• Excellent English language skills; including very strong oral and written communication, grammar, proofreading, editing, and spelling abilities—with a high level of attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to provide well-thought-out direction and feedback to creative teams
• Strong project management skills, including development of timelines, communication of project status, and ability to move creative projects from creative development through legal and regulatory approval to production
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently—from concept and strategy development through tactical execution
• Strong customer focus and relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated leadership, negotiation, and strategic thinking skills.
• Dynamic personality with a “can-do" attitude
• Appreciation of and sensitivity to a global environment and cultural differences
• Mastery of Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business administration, advertising, or related area required. Master’s degree is highly desirable.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.