The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
The Product Manager is the content expert on the assigned product within the US Marketing Team and supports the implementation of the strategic marketing plan. Will utilize customer/business insights to provide customer feedback and data to support the development of global promotional plans for the assigned segment with a focus on the autoimmune or allergy disease state.
- Act as an integral member of the US Marketing Leadership Team.
- Develop strategies and tactics to grow the segment with a focus on the assigned market, as well as gain share (vs. competition), based on customer/market insights.
- Working with the Marketing Manager coordinate timing of marketing activities to maximize impact and overall business unit objectives through the development of key performance indicators to measure business performance
- Effectively manages the development of marketing materials and all marketing related programs and projects as assigned
- Effectively manages assigned team projects, exercises sound decision-making, and successfully communicates revisions and/or changes to projects/programs
- Effectively provides expert advice/counsel as the point person between multiple groups (lab sales, product development, and evidence generation).
- Inform about developments in the customer (mindset, decision making, etc.) in the global market, as they impact and apply to the organization's strategic roadmap.
- Ensures that every marketing project meets all regulatory compliance policy requirements;
- Builds successful working relationships and effectively manages the interface with a variety of key third party agency staffers and suppliers;
- Communicates with thought leaders and specialists
- Plans, implements, and measures outcomes for a variety of programming initiatives;
- Participates in developing and refining product messages and materials for sales presentations
- Identifies market opportunities and devises strategies and tactics to assure successful sales operations;
- Identifies and articulates training and development needs and works closely with Sales & Marketing Management and Training Teams to maximize usage of resources;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. BS degree is preferred.
- A Master's degree in Marketing or MBA is preferred.
Professional Experience Qualifications:
- A minimum of five years marketing experience with demonstrated success that includes development and implementation of commercial strategies and tactics is required
- Minimum of one year marketing or sales experience with clinician-focused promotion
- Sales, strategic marketing, and/or market research experience also preferred.
- Life science, diagnostics, medical device, pharmaceutical, or other health care experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading the implementation of marketing projects from unmet need exploration through to campaign development and ultimate tactical execution
- Strong analytical and qualitative skills are required, as well as the ability to synthesize and integrate customer insights data, draw conclusions/implications, and translate into comprehensive strategies and business decision recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in segmentation, targeting, and positioning to successfully drive growth.
- Demonstrated collaboration with clinical and/or health economic evidence generation teams to develop evidence generation strategies to accelerate revenue growth.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, to take initiative, be resourceful, and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating cross-functionally in a matrix environment.
- Ability to lead and influence change is required.
- Agency management and digital strategy experience strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written presentation skills.
- knowledge of MS Office applications is required.
- This position requires significant international travel – up to 45%, as required.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2 years marketing experience healthcare industry, particularly in diagnostics, medical devices, or pharmaceuticals or 2 years of diagnostics sales experience.
- Minimum of one year marketing or sales experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Relocation has not been approved for this position.