When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Responsible for all facility conveyor and equipment ensuring they are maintained to performance standards by performing daily preventive maintenance and repairs. Responsible for directing all facility support venders. Assists facility management in meeting all departmental service, quality and financial goals.
- Repair and maintain conveyor and other warehouse equipment including electronic motors. Electronic sensors (photo eyes and IO cards).
- Responsible for building security, safety, reviewing facilities to maintain compliance to government regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance including collecting and negotiating bids for facility projects, coordinating projects to fit the business needs and oversees the quality of work performed by external contractor/vendor services.
- Maintains safety standards; ensures that the building is maintained in a clean and safe manner which includes performing monthly operational/safety inspections.
- Serves as a liaison with corporate engineering, local fire and police and other town officials as needed.
- Establishes and oversees Lock Out/Tag Out programs, Hot Work permits, confined space entry programs, facility emergency response plans and other required safety programs.
- Issues and maintains security access cards and keys to the appropriate levels of employees for the facility.
- Promotes an open friendly environment and cooperation among team members.
- 5+ years in a distribution environment with extensive knowledge of conveyor systems, electrical test equipment, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, scan optics, pneumatics, fire sprinkler systems, OSHA regulations and regulatory/DOT.
- Minimum High School degree or G.E.D.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, or a related field.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Lifts, carries, pulls and pushes up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate to employees, peers, various levels of management.
- Self-motivated to work independently and possess excellent problem solving skills. Strong written, communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Computer literate be able to utilize Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Should have or be willing to obtain a forklift certification and have prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably cherry picker and stand-up forklifts.
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials and hazardous waste management.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.