About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The Inside Sales Manager supports the commercial team by meeting or exceeding the sales plan in both the clinical and industrial segments, coaching and developing inside sales representatives, and participating as a member of the Sales Operations team. The Inside sales team provides “bench strength” to the field sales organization, with the goal that after 18-24 months with the internal team, these individuals will relocate out into the field as Account Managers.
The product portfolio includes all microbiology consumables, prepared media, capital equipment for blood culture, ID/AST, automated specimen processing, and food safety.
- Responsible for hiring individuals who will excel in an environment which includes on the job training, ownership and accountability for a sales territory, and an expectation that those individuals will enthusiastically accept diverse and random assignments which are designed to benefit the entire organization, both short and long term.
- Provide a broad view of the organization in order to properly train the team, as well as offer the various types of support that may be needed with little notice from either commercial or operational teams.
- Support full Practical Process Improvement (PPI) training and adoption of PPI principles for all inside sales representatives as a standard for problem solving and also as an element of on the job training.
- Provide leadership and management direction that enable the inside sales organization to execute the tactical sales plan.
- Manage inside sales representative training to include: selling skills, territory management, Thermo Fisher products and processes, pricing, competition and account management.
- Provide administrative oversight, written performance reviews and a development plan for each employee, including written performance goals and quarterly reviews with each direct report.
- Provide updates on sales activities and submits pipeline and forecast reports via CRM in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support for CRM training and coordinate with divisional CRM contacts to maintain the database, design reports and enhance the system, working with guidance from the Sr. Manager, Sales Operations and Training.
- Play a key role in meeting the expectation that all commercial associates use CRM to document sales opportunities/activity and to create a database of information that is relevant and available to the entire organization.
- Provide oversight of the US Sales intranet page in iConnect.
- Assist with coordination of product and sales training efforts for all members of the sales team, including onboarding of new field and inside sales representatives, development of new representative training classes, and launches of new platforms or updates (CAPs, CRM, etc), working with guidance from the Sr. Manager, Sales Operations.
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing or science required
- MBA preferred
- Field sales experience strongly preferred
- 3-7 years of management, leadership or equivalent sales experience
- Proven track record of success
- Works independently and in a self directed manner, with great flexibility and creativity
- Ability to influence peers and others within the commercial organization without a direct reporting relationship
- Interest and demonstrated ability to train both one on one and in a group setting
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to take on diverse assignments with short notice
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.