The Executive Assistant position will be responsible for supporting a senior leadership team of 5-7 colleagues.
- Maintain calendar and business travel
- Make all efficient travel arrangements and reservations and provide summary itinerary for each trip.
- Process expense reports.
- Special Projects and Events:
- Manage various special projects and events as necessary including schedules, logistics, communications, and coordination of activities.
- Arrange for hotel accommodations and transportation services for visitors
- Contact and coordinate applicable consulates in obtaining required passports and visas outgoing and incoming international travelers (e.g., China, India, Brazil, etc.)
- Manage travel/meeting scheduling for senior leaders in North America
- Responsible for answering, screening, and directing all calls as well as prioritizing messages for leaders.
- Perform general office duties; process invoices, maintains files, distributes mail, orders supplies
- Process invoices for payment as necessary.
- Work on functional projects, general and special reports
- Maintains organization charts, strategic account data, and contact lists.
- Prepares presentations in Power Point as directed. Review email and prioritize actions as directed.
- Follows up with attention to detail is necessary to insure that objectives are met.
- Plans and schedules his/her workload and that of her supervisors. Meets or exceeds all deadlines.
- Produces customer quality work at all times.
- Solves logistical and operational problems in a timely and cost effective way.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Experienced in supporting organizations based in multiple locations. Ability to work in a matrix management environment
- Must present a high degree of professionalism in both written and verbal communication, as this role is an extension of the functions and the executives
- Experienced in managing multiple concurrent tasks and meeting rigid deadlines
- Able to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other administrative professionals in order to manage competing needs
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook as well as experience with utilizing Power Point for presentation preparation. Experience in Visio preferred
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience a plus; BS/BA preferred. High school diploma/equivalent required.
- 8+ years experience as an administrative assistant/sr. administrator, supporting a senior executive in a large company
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate the needs of others.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.