When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Demonstrate strong technical leadership through in depth understanding of Product development activates including, product cost estimation for lab equipment and industrial products.
- Should have exposure to product regulatory compliance requirement understanding and test standards.
- Delivers projects within the Product Design Process and applies the concepts of the Product Design Process, as applicable, to Value Engineering, Sustaining and new “system” opportunities as prioritized by the business management team
- Coordinates the cross-functional aspects of the project/program required for successful technical product development and delivery into the market.
- Ensures all the document needed for a program or project are complete and kept in accordance with the product design and development process.
- Performs Risk management plan, anticipates problems addresses all the issues Controls expenditures within limitations of committed program budget. Prepares interim and completion program or project reports. Addresses financial management, leadership, and value engineering aspects.
- Looks for ways to continually improve the overall development process.
- Apply all design developments tools as needed for theoretical design verification and validation.
- Work with cross function team to understand customer requirement, participate in system / subsystem design review, as required from the project.
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous projects, tasks and programs to suit business needs.
- Provide design options and tradeoff analysis to meet the product requirements
- Create the design documents for design review (HLD, DFMEA, requirements traceability matrix etc.), and verification plan mapping to the key performance and reliability requirement;
- Verify the design performance to meet the requirement, complies with the Manufacturability and Serviceability, and achieve the cost/reliability target;
- Collaborate closely with the Electrical engineering team members to create product enclosures with compelling design and form-factors that also meet regulatory, safety, environmental, reliability, thermal and interface standard compliance requirements;
- Cooperate with cross function to conduct the design transfer ensuring the product developed could be transferred to production smoothly;
- Familiar with testing methods and tools for temperature, acoustic and air flow/velocity.
- Knowledge in understanding of testing standards - NEBS, ETSI, IEC and ISO standards.
- Design products and systems to meet requirements of quality, cost effectiveness, customer requirements, company standards and other predetermined competitive factors.
- Work effectively with global cross-functional teams during all phases of the toll-gate NPD process.
- 8+ years of experience in Product design and development experience in existing and new product development design for lab equipment and industrial products.
- Experience in Process requirement and development life cycle understanding of NPD, EPD projects and checkpoint requirements.
- Experience in cost reduction project scoping, estimation and idea generation.
- Good in logical and problem solving skills to root cause the issues, statistical data based decision making.
- Good in communication and experience in working with global R&D development and interact with multiple stake holders at various levels in different geography and time zone.
- Six sigma green or black belt certification
- Reliability awareness training
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desired
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech in Mechanical/Production/Chemical / Instrumentation Engineering
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.