Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad
Key Role Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Responsible for product and manufacturing process development and transfer for new reagent products using project management best practices.
- Represent Manufacturing and Operations on new product introduction core teams.
- Oversee the activities of all operations aspects involved in new product development to ensure a robust transfer from R&D to Manufacturing.
- Partner with R&D, Tech Ops (Manufacturing Sciences and Engineering), and Manufacturing work centers to deliver highly reproducible products and processes.
- Develop and maintain detailed plans and schedules for all tasks owned by Manufacturing/Operations.
- Perform manufacturing process design reviews and risk assessments.
- Generation and maintenance of the Manufacturability Index both as a separate deliverable and as part of the Operations Report.
- Prepare reports and conduct reviews for Manufacturing/Operations readiness.
- Prepare written work instructions and manufacturing product documentation.
- Implement developmental outputs into product infrastructure, manufacturing process, documentation and procedures.
- Direct extended team activities.
- Effective communication of progress and challenges to all project stakeholders including, but not limited to, the project core team, functional department managers/supervisors, and extended team members.
- Manage multiple projects using project management best practices.
- Manage communication and deliverables of cross-site/external site projects
- May informally direct/supervise one or more junior level development scientists as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.