Junior Field Service Engineer, Life Sciences Group, Gauteng
Fluent English language skills and a drivers license are required for this role.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Delivers professional Service activities (installation and associated training, maintenance, reparation, assistance etc.) in order to provide an optimum Service support to all the local customers to achieve loyalty.
- Contributes to achieve specific Service related targets as defined for revenues, profit, service order volume, etc. - while complying with internal rules and practices.
- Acts within general Service policies, business processes and procedures (PPP) and local procedures and rules.
- Performs service activities within guidelines and in compliance with internal & customer procedures and regulations. This means mainly: Installs, repairs, maintenance and instruction of use of instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations.
- Provides responsive telephone and on-site support and generally work to ensure that customer is successful in the use of Life Technologies Instrumentation.
- Assures the professional relationship with existing customers to achieve customer loyalty to our company.
- Utilization of the Escalation Procedure as appropriate.
- Assures own related asset management including spare parts stock, company car, telephone, tools, software and computers, calibrations, literature etc.
- Coordinates own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, team leader, colleagues). Produces timely and accurate reports of the own activities as appropriate: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports etc. (via e-mail or written)
- Assures that its own activities are in line with the activities of the rest of the local commercial organization (sales & support) and informs customers of company's other product and services
- 2 years + demonstrable experience in biomedical / clinical engineering, electronics, life sciences
- Electrical / Clinical / Biomedical engineering degree
- Past experience in a relevant service function and remote field based on-site work
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Computer literate.
- Good verbal and written command of the English (technical) language.
- Office/Home based function.
- Willingness to travel through Africa (50% - 75%)
- Valid passport holder
- Driving license is required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.