When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Owns and actively manages actions to drive service performance to meet/exceed both internal targets and end customer expectations.
- Roll out and lead strategic discussions with suppliers – Align ABC stratification, lead time alignment, optimize LOTC Schedule, MOQ and minimum review, optimal order quantity and pallet purchasing, and demand forecast with supplier production planning.
- Conduct quarterly business review with senior leaders (supply chain, commercial, and portfolio management) to set and agree upon goals, develop project plan on how to meet the goals, and review performance.
- Ensure all vendors provide lead time routinely. Work through any escalated issues.
- Monitor EDI transaction success and be a liaison between IT and the supplier to drive increased transaction success and ensure all EDI transactions are being utilized (850,855,810,856, and 846).
- Guide and leverage SiOP tool sets by aligning with supplier stocking strategy, lead time and contingency planning.
- Create clear and concise performance improvement plans that communicate root cause, actions taken, and an accurate recovery date.
- Attend stand up meetings, be prepared, communicate effectively and use meetings as a forum to address issues with cross functional areas.
- Responsible for PTO (Performance to Original) process to manage and control shipments from Thermo Fisher suppliers direct to end customers.
- Utilize all Microsoft Office tools and data mining tools (SQL and Cognos) to track service levels and outages.
- Manage dead, dying, and excess inventory through supplier negotiation for return execution.
- Manage internal vendor settings and tables (VPA, LOTC schedule, discount schedule).
- Perform ad hoc reporting and projects for department manager.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and lean philosophy initiatives.
- 1+ years of experience working in supply chain or related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related degree (strong internship experience will be considered).
- Working knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook..
- Supplier/vendor management experience.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CIRM, CSCP).
- Experience using SQL Server, COGNOS, or other data mining tools.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good influencing skills.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.