Job Title: Product Engineer I
Location: Millersburg, PA
Reports to: Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineering, Single Use Technologies
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Create and submit a design response less than 24 hrs after receiving the initial request
- Steer new requests to already established components and processes
- Translate released drawings into Item Masters, BOM’s, Routings, and work instructions
- Generate costing and final quote for customer submission utilizing established processes
- Collaborate with R&D on new component specification and qualification
- Research and select new components as required for custom designs
- Work with Validation and Process Engineering on component qualifications
- Create component specifications and maintain component information database
- Drive process improvement through data driven activities
- Embrace the 4 I’s, Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement in all daily activities
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Related Degree
- 3 years mechanical drafting experience (course work acceptable)
- Competent with AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft and other office application software
- A successful candidate will have strong skills in the following areas: written and verbal technical communication, interpersonal cross functional team based interaction, organizational and detail oriented, analytical, planning and problem solving. Should also be intellectually curious and results oriented
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.