When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In collaboration with the Sr. Director, the Sr. Manager of Market Development will provide advice and counsel to divisional staff in order to make the most effective use of the department's physical, human and financial resources.
- Plan and monitor all yearly company customer educational programs in collaboration with the Director of Technical Service & Support.
- Oversee program logistics and expenditure of funds in assigned areas, ensuring that funds are expended according to the organization’s stipulations
- Plan, and develop all transplant symposiums in collaboration with the Sr. Director and Commercial Marketing and Business Development Manager
- Oversee symposium logistics and oversee the expenditure of funds in assigned areas, ensuring that funds are expended according to the organization’s stipulations
- Planning, coordinating, and executing all corporate tradeshows (US and Intl). Work with the Strategic Marketing Manager and Marketing Product Managers to develop specific plans for all tradeshows including messaging, symposiums, social events, staffing, budgeting, etc.
- Review, and prioritize requests from outside organizations for sponsorship, ensuring such requests meet company objectives and regulatory compliance
- Work with the Sr. Director of Marketing & Customer Experience to finalize annual travel requirements to all Marketing events
- Direct the day-to-day administrative, personnel and financial operations of the Department
- Oversees all Department staff. Encourage team environments within the Department to improve skills and communications
- Promotes a culture of growth and development centered on achieving optimal service, both internally and externally
- Establish a positive working environment and minimize staff turnover
- Direct activities to improve staff performance, develop the organization and manage change
- Manage the practices of the Department to ensure the highest levels of quality, access, efficiency and service
- Develop metrics in conjunction with Director to monitor and improve performance
- Manage, review and analyze the performance of the Department on a monthly basis, including targeted goals, productivity and operations
- Develop fiscal year annual operating budget for submission to the Department of Marketing and Customer Experience
- Measure performance monthly and develop/implement performance improvement plans as needed
- Partner with leadership and other Departments/Divisions to develop new program business plans
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Departmental policies
- Participate in strategic planning and program planning for the Department
- Confer with appropriate accounting offices to ensure that required fiscal procedures are followed
- Provide procedural direction relating to budgets and serve as liaison between the Department and Accounting for ongoing projects. Close out all terminated accounts, reconcile ledgers, and ensure final account balances are accurate
External: Professional medical organizations, professional transplant societies, clinicians, laboratory personnel, hospitals, private and government agencies, and various vendors and service providers (e.g., supply companies, hotels, and contractors).
This position requires up to 75% travel on an annual basis with travel to the headquarters in Los Angeles a minimum of once per quarter and/or as needed by the business.
- Master’s degree in finance, marketing, public health or healthcare field
- Five years of experience in scientific educational planning and/or market development
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting practices to effectively manage fiscal responsibilities
- A basic understanding of HLA and Transplantation and familiar with the general concepts, practices and procedures inherent in the field of Histocompatibility and Transplantation
- Ability to make independent judgments and to act on decisions on a daily basis
- Ability to work for long periods of time without direction
- Ability to prioritize own work and work of staff as needed
- Ability to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines and accomplish Department goals
- Very strong organizational skills, analytical and problem solving abilities, and attention to detail
- Ability to guide, oversee or coordinate the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of Thermo Fisher employees, as well as outside contacts
- Five years of experience in an HLA laboratory (Transplant Diagnostics)
- Advanced training or certification in Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics testing, i.e. Certified Histocompatibility Specialist, CHS, American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.