You are in the know. You know the products, customers, competitors, and the market. The gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GCMS) business is poised for growth and your expertise will take us there. The Product Manager drives and communicates the vision for the product portfolio from the highest levels of executive leadership to development and implementation teams. You will drive and strategize the lifecycle of our products and manage the planning, forecasting, production, launching and marketing of products at all stages of the product lifecycle.
This role is constantly identifying and assessing opportunities, defining the right product at the right time, building the product strategy and roadmap, and leading and influencing extended product teams. This is an opportunity to build compelling products and solutions in an innovative environment. Your success is measured by both happy, satisfied customers and meeting business objectives such as revenue and profit. You are the entrepreneur for your product and that means you are constantly obsessed with the current and future state of the product portfolio and its ultimate success.
- Develop the global strategic plan and execution strategy for the product portfolio
- Develop the global market segmentation strategy as it relates to the product portfolio
- Partner to create annual operating plan, marketing plan and strategic plan to achieve growth and financial objectives
- Drive global marketing related activities for both new product development and existing products with an emphasis on innovation and brand.
- Develop strategic initiatives for penetrating target markets in collaboration with sales, key account teams and other business development leaders.
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape and own relevant competitive analysis
- Create, manage and monitor business plan & product roadmap for all new and existing products
- Manage the product lifecycle from inception to obsolescence
- Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance in collaboration with BU and divisional marketing teams
- Ensure products are manufactured at optimal cost and the price is evaluated and recommended to achieve margins
- Conduct market research and voice of customer (VOC) for data driven decision making by obtaining and interpreting product/market information via surveys, market/product analysis, focus groups and customer feedback
- Create, conduct and present comprehensive product training
- Analyze, interpret, and report out on portfolio financial performance with regards to product sales activity to budget, programs, market trends and competition
- Understand market conditions and translate them into product requirements resulting in improved customer satisfaction and increased value generation
- Drive promotional tactical plan in partnership with marketing including all required collateral material, industry conferences and exhibitions, and advertising
- Leverage technology, increase solution scope and lead rationalization programs
- Lead cross functional teams and ensure execution of deliverables on both new product development and existing products
- Own every aspect of the product lifecycle with the objective of maximizing sales revenues, market share, and profit margins