- Develop, design, & test simple-to-complex electrical components, circuits, and systems for instrumentation systems used in the radiation measurement product line.
- Work with Mechanical Designers as needed for mechanical integration of electronic assemblies (e.g., cabinetry, instrumentation, enclosure design, etc.) to complete projects and tasks.
- Support qualification type testing including: plan/procedure writing, test supervision, vendor interface, and report writing.
- Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including product quality and schedule integrity.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
- Find and work to remove development and project roadblocks. Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Oversee review of product design engineering for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure seamless and successful transition of engineering projects into production.
- Provide support to the Commercial team in evaluating and quoting customer projects.
- Establish an environment where continuous improvement is fundamental to the culture.
- Able to travel as needed to other RM&SI R&D sites, customers and external development partners.
- Other duties as defined within the scope of the position.
- Design experience (minimum capstone project)
- Knowledgeable in technology (e.g., electromechanical devices, instrumentation, embedded systems, analog electronics, etc.), including:
- Analog electronics analysis and design
- Systems analysis and design
- Circuit design and printed circuit board design
- Electronics modeling and assembly
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics (especially analog electronics)
and manufacturing drawings
- Technical degree (B.S.E.E. or equivalent).
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills. Fluent in English.
• PE Certification
• Advanced or additional degree in a related discipline
• Knowledge of IEEE nuclear standards or military testing standards
• Electronics CAD proficiency
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria
- No non-compete agreements precluding the candidate from fulfilling the position requirements.
- This position may require occasional travel to other Thermo Fisher Scientific, customer, and partner sites worldwide (approx 0 – 10%).
- Existing (or ability to acquire) permission to enter U.S. government facilities, such as DOE.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.