Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of 17 billion, we have approximately 50,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Supply Chain Intern – Manufacturing – Madison, Wisconsin
The Supply Chain Intern position provides an opportunity for supply chain or engineering student to gain real world manufacturing experience in supply chain and supplier quality. This intern will assist Sourcing Leads in project management of sourcing programs designed to hit key productivity and savings goals, maximize quality, and rationalize our supply base. The supply chain intern will contribute to metrics and business processes used to measure supply chain and internal manufacturing performances. The position starts in April, paid working 40 hours per week through September.
- Lead a project on Inventory level reduction
- Assist Sourcing Leads in qualification of parts from new suppliers
- Assist Supplier Quality team to implement new daily metrics
- Assist Buyer/Planners to improve master data management
The supply chain intern works under the supervision of Sourcing Leads, SQE Supervisor and Supply Chain Manager.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team:
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Highly organized, able to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Must be goal oriented
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- Junior or senior level bachelor’s student currently enrolled in classes leading to a degree in supply chain or related fields.
- Supply chain related field