When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Software Intern
- A software intern is responsible for providing engineering support related to product development projects including testing and design
- The software intern will be called upon to support a variety of software engineering activities and may be assigned to a variety of engineering tasks throughout the Engineering department
- Be involved with many aspects of software quality assurance and some software design and analysis tasks
- Review specifications and designs and provide feedback
- Learn about software engineering and instrumentation through daily activities. Accept candid feedback and look for improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the software interns experience level and abilities
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products.
- Strong customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- Knowledge of least one software development tool set such as Java, C#
- Aptitude for writing software programs