When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Real Estate Analyst, M&A’s primary role will to be the real estate support function for the company’s M&A activity in this role they will report to the Sr. Director of Global Real Estate. They will provide full due diligence assistance to the corporate development team as it relates to facility that will be acquired and follow projects through the acquisition and integration phase. This is in a very fast paced environment and requires someone that can move quickly, prioritize and work on highly confidential projects. They will have a secondary role to assist the Vice President – Americas with real estate transactions, predominantly on East Coast projects and may assist with analysis support for the global real estate portfolio and for facilities and related facility support as needed for the world headquarters. The position requires advanced financial acumen and the ability to review real estate legal documents such as leases, purchase and sale agreements, and other property contracts.
- Collaborate on confidential M&A projects with the Corporate Development, legal teams and external stakeholders.
- Access data rooms to review and abstract all real estate documents
- Review all acquisition or disposition contracts to ensure the company is protected and/or can comply with the requirements, as they relate to real property
- Prepare due diligence reports and property portfolio summaries including key metrics. Present and analyze data analysis; develop conclusions, identify risk and make recommendations
- Request missing documents to ensure that the teams have complete site files.
- Maintain a project file in the CRE real estate database and post-acquisition oversee the successful transition of the acquired properties into the company’s corporate real estate database
- Propose real estate integration plans and forecast synergy savings estimates.
- Working with the various groups including the target acquisition and outside vendors help to prepare for Day One.
- Become proficient on CoStar, the team’s property database in setting up and maintaining projects and leases, training will be provided as needed.
- Review various legal documents and coordinate finalizing all requirements needed to close
- Support the implementation of post-acquisition real estate projects; prioritizing synergy savings opportunities.
- Assist the real estate team on East Coast projects including managing local brokers, developing business plans, recommendations and approvals. Evaluating various agreements and documents and assisting the real estate team with various projects and requirements as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program
- 2+ years relevant work experience, with a financial or legal background
- Ability to use MS Office, including intermediate or stronger skills in Excel
- Strong communication skills and comfortable interacting with various levels of management
- Interest in corporate real estate and/or mergers & acquisitions
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Independent, analytical and detail oriented with the ability to identity and solve problems
- Desire to work on international projects (foreign language/currency/cultures)
- Able to work fast under pressure and to manage and prioritize requirements to support the company needs
- May require working after hours and/or on weekends depending on the needs of the specific project
- Ability to work on confidential projects
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.