Sr. Manager, Cloud Engineering (GIS) Advanced Computing Systems.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Lead the Cloud Engineering team and play a leading role in Thermo Fisher’s digital transformation. Promote a DevOps culture, working with global platform and development teams.
- Cloud computing
- Tools and automation
- Cloud Project Execution
- Large Scale Cloud Migration
- Drive and encourage high levels of automation throughout the organization.
- Automate the deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of technology systems.
- Create and refine the staffing and support plan in conjunction with our cloud strategy.
- Engineer high performance and high availability cloud based systems for the organization.
- Drive continual improvement in systems operations through tools and automation.
- Report on overall health and optimization of cloud services to a senior leadership level.
- Participate in the definition of the roadmap for cloud services in collaboration with the architecture team.
- Drive root cause analyses, and coach others on doing them, in collaboration with software development teams.
- Responsible for incident and problem management of cloud platform services.
- Works closely with our external partners and industry leaders to ensure we have a keen understanding of where industry trends and technologies are going and factor those into our strategies and roadmaps.
- Ensure the solutions the Cloud Engineering team designs and delivers are meeting defined business requirements and will stand the test of time from an operational excellence perspective.
- Create roadmap and work towards dev-ops model of service engineering.
- Work closely with IT Security to ensure the solutions we’re designing and delivering meet data security and compliance requirements.
- Provide regular communication to peers, IT leadership and Business leadership on areas for improvement, progress, milestones, and areas of success.
- Ensure documentation and processes are well defined.
- In depth understanding and experience leading a cloud first/cloud only initiative.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Cloud Solutions Delivery and Cloud architecture, especially public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP. Strong preference for AWS experience.
- Experience managing or leading large-scale cloud migrations.
- Direct experience in transforming an organization’s on premise data center operations to Cloud infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical field is desired
- 5 years of additional direct and applicable professional experience in the IT field may be substituted.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience focusing on business acumen
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required
- Ability to problem solve and work well in complex, ambiguous situations
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Ability to present technical problems and solutions to management in a manner that can consumed and translated into appropriate program improvement requests
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.