About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Program Manager, Science & Innovation Operations
Reports To: Senior Director, R&D Operations
Group/Division: Lifesciences Solutions Group
Career Band: 6
Job Track: RAD.PGRM.P06
Position Location: Carlsbad, CA
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
We have an immediate opening for a dynamic R&D Program Manager who will be accountable for fostering a culture of collaborative innovation that enables Product Leadership through: building an engaged, interconnected R&D community with effective operating mechanisms and communication channels, leading world-class idea management tools and processes; and driving internal R&D challenges to increase reach and impact.
- Champions internal innovation challenges to enable value-add innovation against specific target areas. Implements and supports the infrastructure and operating mechanisms including design, selection, and reporting. Ensures visibility to outcomes.
- Drives optimized embedment of web-based tool for sharing and building new ideas, and related business processes to enable ideas-to-product outcomes. Develops and delivers training. Leads effort for continuous improvements to the tool and deployment within community.
- Orchestrates R&D operating mechanisms to ensure connectivity and knowledge sharing within the global R&D community.
- Fosters a culture and practice of celebrating innovation, collaboration, and scientific achievement within R&D and the broader Product Development community
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead through influence across a cross-functional set of global stakeholders.
- Must be able to interface effectively with a diverse audiences including senior leadership.
- Ability to deliver results in a highly matrixed environment.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly organized, with analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to take on various assignments in a fast paced organization, and make recommendations with incomplete information.
·User-Centered Innovation: Is curious and inquisitive, innovative in approach; able to think from different viewpoints
- Entrepreneurial: Drives change effectively, takes smart risks, learns from setbacks, persistent and flexible in response to change.
- Global Mindset: thinks and acts with a global mindset, considers multicultural implications in decisions and seeks input from diverse stakeholders.
- Relationship Building: Collaborates well with others, builds effective business relationships, works well with different personalities and understands their different motivations.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrates a bias for action and results, takes ownership of important issues, makes progress in ambiguous situations
- B.S. required, with PhD in Science or Engineering related fields of study preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience in product development with track record of successful execution. Demonstrated ability to deliver results through influence.
- Experience in idea management or crowd-sourcing technologies a plus. Life sciences, pharma, or Biotech background is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
This position (has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.