The Sales operations Analyst will implement processes, tools and analysis to drive commercial and financial excellence across the Laboratory Products Division (LPD). The Senior Sales Analyst will define and lead various projects intended to improve our visibility into financial performance and commercial behavior. Focus areas will include, but are not limited to, executive level reporting, global business intelligence, strategic pricing, and the effective use of the LPG Sales Data Warehouse. The ideal candidate will be highly self motivated, with strong leadership, trouble shooting and analytical skills.
This role will report to the Manager of Global Sales Analysis and work closely with regional sales operations teams, global commercial leaders, product management, and IT. We expect the Senior Sales Analyst to collaborate across a diverse international organization and effectively lead multi-functional teams (e.g., Customer Service, Finance, Marketing Communication, and Information Technology). Strong project management skills and problem solving skills are essential to be successful in this role.
- Work closely with global sales managers and LPG leadership team to design and improve regular (weekly/monthly) reporting and tracking mechanisms. Develop commercial intelligence and analyses to understand and improve all aspects of our commercial policy. Increase transparency of global LPD commercial activities and facilitate strategic improvement initiatives.
- Leader in developing, improving and executing processes to ensure commercial discipline across LPD. The analyst will help regional sales operation managers develop mechanisms / policies to support commercial management.
- Participate on special projects. These projects are far ranging and will involve detailed analysis to justify a specific business aim. The analyst will quickly identify issues and opportunities, establish and lead cross functional teams, develop effective solutions, communicate recommendations, and take actions to meet our business and commercial goals. Projects will involve extensive analysis in Excel and other computational software.
- Drive continuous improvement of the LPG Sales Data Warehouse. Act as a liaison between regional Sales Operations teams and corporate/divisional IT support teams. Identify issues and opportunities, and then implement solutions and enhancements to improve data quality, drive business intelligence, and promote the effective use of the LPD Sales Data Warehouse.
- Provide sales information and analysis to support Quarterly Business Reviews, Commercial Review Meetings, Pricing Reviews, and other recurring business meetings as needed.
- Expected to work as a member of global IT Business Analysis team and provide frequent input and insight into commercial and Financial discussions.
- BS or BA required, major in business or technical field preferred. MBA or other advanced degree plus.
- 2 +years financial analysis or sales operations experience preferred.
- Manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- International experience a plus.
- High attention to detail with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and deal with complex and disordered processes and systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Deep experience and agility in Excel, Access, and IBM Cognos reporting and analysis studio, and other computational software. General knowledge of relational database systems also a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 2 nights per month.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Experience defining, implementing, and supporting business processes, can translate business needs to specific project requirements for IT technicians. Must regard all activities as processes that can be continuously improved.
- Strong team player with the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Skilled with IBM Cognos reporting software and Microsoft Excel and Access
- Good project management skills
- Can-do attitude with good listening skills
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.