Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell clinical supply chain services including drug packaging, distribution, and comparator sourcing.
- Meets or exceeds the sales goal for the assigned accounts and/or territory.
- Develop, attain approval, and implement specific Account Development Plans (ADP) including strategies, tactics and initiatives designed to support the attainment of predetermined goals. This includes the prioritization of accounts, identification of decision-makers, utilization of sales tools, while leveraging events (trade shows and conferences), etc.
- Provide clinical supplies sales and informational support for Fisher Clinical Services Project Managers
- Manage client expectations by involving other Fisher Clinical Services personnel, such as Client Services, Operations, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) Members, in order to build a horizontally integrated relationship that capitalizes on the technical talent and knowledge base within Fisher Clinical Services.
- Negotiate with customers while providing proposals, quotations, and service agreements that are properly reviewed and authorized by the Director of Sales, Contracts, Operations, and ELT, where required.
- Document activity and report progress on an ongoing basis with CRM systems that are provided. Review performance against plan with Director/Manager of Sales and, where shortfalls exist, the incumbent will recommend alternative strategies and tactics.
- Provide suggestions for solutions, new services or areas of technology for Fisher Clinical Services that will enhance the current “Go-To-Market” strategy.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP) in all areas of responsibility.
- Participate in training and development opportunities, such as Richardson Consultative Selling and Strategic Selling; Communispond Executive Presentation Skills; Miller-Heiman; Thermo Fisher Scientific Practical Process Improvement, etc., in order to maintain competency and to stay abreast of the latest business development tools.
- Observes Fisher Clinical Services company policy and Fisher Clinical Services SOP’s and makes recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policies and procedures, where appropriate.
- Accept other sales related duties as assigned.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA or equivalent in business or the sciences
- 4 years of related clinical project experience plus 2 years of related sales experience. Preferably, this experience includes clinical protocol development and/or CRO sales.
- Any combination of an advanced degree such as a Pharm.D. or MBA included with the related clinical supplies or sales experience may qualify for the minimum requirements for this position.
- Clinical trials and/or materials management knowledge
- Demonstrated competency with software tools used for internal and external communications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS PowerPoint, SalesForce, or other CRM software.
- Sales, communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Up to 50% overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to lift and carry a laptop computer, LCD projector and promotional materials into customer facilities frequently weighing 10–25 lbs.
Internal and External Contacts: Internal contact at all levels of Fisher Clinical Services. Will work with guidance from Fisher Clinical Services General Managers, Leaders of the Commercial Organization, Client Services, Operations, SMEs, ELT Members and Business Development Heads, with ultimate accountability to the Director of Sales.
External contacts with all Fisher Clinical Services customers. Must be able to present Fisher Clinical Services capabilities and negotiate for position. This position requires superior communication, analytical, and problem solving abilities. Sound administrative skills and well developed management skills, with proven ability to close a sale, are required.